eNetworks was established in 1999 to serve a niche market in the Internet Service Provision sector.
Our mission is to provide always fast, always reliable internet services.
The company provided mainly services as opposed to commodities in this division, and steadily refined its offerings in order to remain specialised. Over the years, eNetworks has become known for its expertise in Internet access provision, security, and e-mail systems. Our extensive and diverse client base, most of whom have been acquired by word of mouth, all have one thing in common: a requirement for high uptime internet services.
Fibre has changed everything. It is the access means of choice...
eNetworks is the brainchild of expert Jonathan Maliepaard (CEO) who started the business, and was later joined by partners Jaap Scholten (COO), Saul Stein (technical manager) and Dumisa Melane (customer relationship manager). The company has many years of IT experience to offer specialising in networking, security and connectivity. These skills are available to our clients on a first-hand basis with no call-centre or voice-interactive systems to deal with.
...the solution comes first and must be technically sound, first and foremost.
We operate with the premise of being a solution provider and not a sales organization. For us the solution comes first and must be technically sound, first and foremost. So if you want IT to work for you, and not the other way around, please make contact with us.
Core Networking Centre
The operation is divided into the core networking centre(s) with its administrative offices at De Waterkant in Greenpoint. Our core networking centre is located in the data centres of Internet Solutions in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.
eNetworks operates its 'mission critical services' being DNS and e-mail on three independent servers located on a different network, on two different continents. This ensures that even in the most extreme cases where either South Africa’s net becomes invisible to the rest of the world, our hosted domains and the associated e-mail will be accepted by our network, queued and waiting for full network restoration.
- eNetworks adheres strictly to all Internet related standards as encased by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and their commonly used Request For Comments (RFC) standards. These standards have specific implications in the way e-mail is handled, domains are hosted, and how hosts connecting to the Internet are configured.
- eNetworks exclusively uses Firewalls that are certified by the International Computer Security Association (ICSA).
- eNetworks' networks are cabled and operated according to Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) standards.
- eNetworks operates all its network numbering according to the Internet Numbers Registry for Africa (AFRINIC) prescribed standards.
- eNetworks is a member of the Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA) and operates strictly in accordance to their Code of Conduct.