Purpose of Role:
The candidate will be responsible for building, installing, maintaining and managing ISP server/cloud services. Includes backups, fault-tolerance, and security related to these servers and related services.
Primary Role Accountabilities:
- The effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Ensure systems are secure and vulnerabilities are patched.
- Control and verify system backups and file archiving, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed up to appropriate media, media is stored, and recycled.
- Strong support knowledge (Create, change, and delete user accounts per request, Hardware & Network Troubleshooting).
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues within the eNetworks systems environment
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Experience within a helpdesk environment and helpdesk software. e.g. OTRS or other equivalent project/issue tracking systems.
- Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
- Will be required to work outside of usual office hours as needed.
Critical Requirements - Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Candidate must have completed matric.
- A technology related degree or tertiary education would be advantageous.
- Certifications in both Linux and Windows Server would be advantageous.
- Extremely strong Linux/Unix/Windows Server skills and advanced knowledge and experience in configuring and maintaining the following:
- LAMP Stack -- 3 Years
- LEMP Stack 2 years
- DNS -- (Bind, Unbound, PowerDNS)
- TCP/IP Protocols -- 5 Years
- MTA(s) -- (Postfix, Sendmail /Exim).: 2 years
- Virtualization (XEN / KVM / VMware): 2 years
- Monitoring Systems (Cacti / Nagios / PRTG / Zabbix): 2 years
- Orchestration and Provisioning (Puppet / Ansible):2 years
- Databases (MySQL/ MySQL cluster/ Replication): 2 years -- MSSQL is a plus!
- Storage Technologies (SAN/ NAS/ iSCSI / Fibre Channel): 1 year
- Scripting (E.g. Perl, Bash, Python, etc.): 2 years -- Understanding of REGEX is a plus!
- Hosting control panels (cPanel and ISPConfig)
Please note: We require a skills matrix on all the above mentioned.
- Strong Linux skills is a requirement and non-negotiable.
- General understanding of networking within an ISP environment.
- Any experience in solutions architecture will be considered a bonus.
eNetworks - Systems