Purpose of Role:
Candidate will be responsible for building, installing, maintaining and managing ISP server/cloud services. Includes backups, fault-tolerance and security related to these servers and related services.
Primary Role Accountabilities:
- The effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- Control and verify system backups and file archiving, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed up to appropriate media, media is stored, and recycled.
- Strong support knowledge (Create, change, and delete user accounts per request, Hardware & Network Troubleshooting).
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Experience within a helpdesk environment and helpdesk software. e.g. OTRS or other equivalent project/issue tracking systems.
- Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
Critical Requirements - Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Candidate must have completed matric.
- A technology related degree or tertiary education would be advantageous.
- Certifications in both Linux and Windows Server would be advantageous.
- Extremely strong Linux/Unix/Windows Server skills and advanced knowledge and experience in configuring and maintaining the following: .
- LAMP Stack -- 3 Years
- LEMP Stack 2 years
- DNS -- (Bind, Unbound, Powerdns)
- TCP/IP Protocols -- 5 Years
- MTA(s) -- (Postfix, Sendmail /Exim).: 2 years
- Virtualisation (XEN / KVM / VMware): 2 years
- Monitoring Systems (Cacti / Nagios / PRTG / Zabbix): 2 years
- Orchestration and Provisioning (Puppet / Ansible ):2 years
- Databases (MySQL/ MySQL cluster/ Replication): 2 years -- MSSQL is a plus!
- Storage Technologies (SAN/ NAS/ iSCSI / Fibre Channel): 1 year
- Scripting (E.g. Perl, Bash, Python, etc.): 2 years -- Understanding of REGEX is a plus!
- Strong Linux skills is a requirement and non negotiable.
- Any experience in solutions architecture will be considered a bonus.
eNetworks - Systems