Purpose of Role:
Collaborates with Sales, Services, Engineering, and Technical Support teams to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address the client needs and are appropriately supported by key client technical decision-makers. This specific Pre-sales function requires a high level understanding of technical elements relating to WAN topology and technologies as well as ISP services.
- Scopes the technical solution required to address client requirements, thoroughly assesses the clients business and technical requirements and recommends solutions that optimise value for both the client and the business.
- Co-ordinates closely with internal Sales, Sales Support and Project teams to align solution design with the client’s business requirements.
- Must have a technical understanding of Wide Area Networks and ISP Services:
- Last Mile Connectivity;
- Topology Design;
- Form part of the Sales team to provide technical advice, costing models, network architecture designs, diagrams and associated documentation.
- Assist with tender response write-up, diagramming and pricing elements. (Must assist Sales, Sales Support and Datacentrix Bid Management team in the compilation of bids).
- Must set up and maintain relationships with third-party service providers (DFA, MFN, Liquid, Comsol, Skywire, OpenServe etc.).
- Ability to interface with and clearly communicate and articulate problem understanding and solution options at a C-level -
- CTO – Highly technical;
- CFO – Non-technical
- Available for occasional national travel
Critical Requirements - Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
- Grade 12.
- Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable technical discipline (ISP Engineering and Managed WAN Services background equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience in Sales support (or other functional role that involves technical understanding and interfacing with Sales and clients).
- Lateral thinking - A heuristic for solving problems; you try to look at the problem from many angles instead of tackling it head-on.
- Professional demeanour to interface with clients and various internal departments at the highest level.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills to clearly communicate and articulate complex technical matters so that clients are able to process the information logically and understand the advantages (value) of the proposed solution.
- Ability to analyse issues and break them down into their components to make systematic and rational recommendations based on relevant information
- Valid Driver’s License and own vehicle
Green Point, Cape Town